An anime adaptation by Brain’s Base aired in Japan between October and December 2016. An audio drama adaptation of the first chapter was released on January 13, 2015.
An anime television adaptation of the manga was announced in the Bessatsu Friend magazine’s April 2016 issue. Brain’s Base produced the anime, with Hiroshi Ishiodori directing, Michiko Yokote handled the series composition and Kazuhiko Tamura designed the characters. The series aired in Japan between October 6, 2016 and December 22, 2016 and simulcast by Crunchyroll, and Funimation streamed an English dub. The opening theme is “Prince×Prince” by From4to7, while the ending theme is “Dokidoki no Kaze” by Rie Murakawa. Anime Limited has licensed the series in the UK.
- Kae Serinuma
- A fujoshi in her second year of high school and part of the history club, who becomes excited over the sight of two boys together. Initially possessing a chubby appearance, Kae loses weight after a week of mourning over the death of her favorite anime character, becoming attractive as a result. Despite becoming the object of affection for several boys as a result, she still thoroughly enjoys her otaku hobbies and is unsure how to deal with the attention she gets from the boys.
- Yūsuke Igarashi
- One of Kae’s classmates, who is part of the soccer club. He is characterized as “the boy next door” type and is the most competitive out of Kae’s suitors. He was polite with Kae before losing weight but he only became interested in her because of her appearance. After spending more time with Kae, he gets to know her more as a person, making him realize how admirable and interesting Kae actually is, and causing him to truly fall in love with her.
- Nozomu Nanashima
- One of Kae’s classmates, who is categorized as a “bad boy tsundere” type. He used to be a soccer player when he was much younger, but lost confidence following an incident with Yūsuke. Although he portrays a tough exterior, he is actually quite soft-hearted and very kind when he wants to be. He has a younger sister and is good at housekeeping.
- Shima Nishina
- An androgynous first year girl who is the descendant of a rich family and is skilled in both sports and arts. According to the boys, she is “Takarazuka-like prince type”. Like Kae, she is also a fujoshi and even runs her own dōjin circle. Having had trouble being respected for her art due to her family’s status, Shima came to admire Kae from even before her transformation after she complimented her work thus receiving the motivation to pursue drawing. She is bisexual in the manga, but the anime portrays her as having more of a platonic friendship with Kae rather than a romantic one although her actions do hint more towards romantic feelings. Her flirtatious personality does not change thus she is still considered a member of Kae’s harem, even as a girl.
- Hayato Shinomiya
- is a first year student and member of the health committee, who started having a crush on Kae after she lost weight. He has an effeminate appearance, prone to blushing and getting flustered, and is often characterized as a tsundere by the other boys. He owns a female iguana named Thor, whom he cares for dearly.
- Asuma Mutsumi
- A third year student who is president of the history club and one of the few people who liked Kae before she lost her weight, but doesn’t realize it until later on in the series. While more laid back and less competitive than the other boys, he can become aggressive when someone picks on Kae. He’s very open minded and doesn’t seem to notice nor mind any of Kae’s otaku eccentricities.